Aviry has just turned 9 a little over a week ago I can’ t believe it, I like to post twice a week, but with a new job and a birthday to plan I have been a tad busy.
It seems like just the other day I was scrambling around like a chicken with my head cut off to pull off the “perfect” party for a 1 year old. ( Word of advice to all the mommies out there, DON’T GO CRAZY FOR A PARTY YOUR CHILD WON’T REMEMBER!) Also if you are anything like me I know you won’t take that advice, but I do wish I would have dialed his party back some. It was a lot of pressure for a person who had never thrown a birthday party for a one year old.
So in the spirit of having a 9 year old! I will share a few great places to take your littles ones, and some tips to get you through the chaos that are children’s parties!
I am a huge fan of having parties at a venue, the cleanup is minimum and its nice to try a new place. Living in Cincinnati we have had some amazing parties at a variety of locations some of our favorites are listed below.
- Scene 75 – Scene75 is your place to go for FUN! With more than 10 attractions, 120 arcade games, full bar & food options, Scene75 has something to do for all ages! Not only is each Scene75 one of the LARGEST indoor entertainment centers in the country, but it also was recently awarded #1 Entertainment Center in NORTH AMERICA by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. We’re not kidding around about being the best spot for a celebration or day of fun. Now that Aviry is older Scene 75 allows Aviry and his friends to pick their own activities which he loves! (Scene 75 is also great for a date night!)
- Sky Zone- I love Skyzone. I had a fear of trampolines growing up and SkyZone definitely allows me to be a kid again I feel so free jumping!! Oh wait… This is about Aviry. Aviry thinks Skyzone is one of the most “awesomeness” places ever! Sky Zone is the world’s first indoor trampoline park. They are the inventors of “fun fitness” and the makers of trampolines as far as the eye can see. They have been voted the number one out-of-the box workout, the best birthday party ever and best indoor family fun day. Experience WOW – the weightlessness of bouncing, flipping and landing in a pit filled with 10,000 foam cubes.
- The Cincinnati Zoo- Having a winter baby can make party options limited. When a dear friend of mine discovered the Cincinnati Zoo has birthday parties, I was very excited to celebrate Aviry’s Birthday there! We celebrated his party a few years ago and I am pleased to say the packages are even better now than they were before. Packages include activities for the little ones, Animal viewings and admission to the zoo for your guest.
Home parties always remind me of my childhood. For a few hours I don’t mind children everywhere and cupcake frosting on the walls!
Listed below are a few suggestions on having an at home party with ease.
- Have everything done beforehand. No Last minute runs to get candles, or plates. The more organized you are prior to the party the better! Lists are your friend! Also you can find great decoration kits online!
- Have a schedule for your party, and stick to it. I learned this valuable piece of information from my friend Brandi at Yours Truly Event Planning. She helped me plan an event recently and was a stickler about scheduling and it really helped the flow of the event. I am adding her tip to my rule book!
- Enlist help! I am super fortunate to have close friends with children who are around the same age and they are the best helpers! From decorating to cleaning up. I know my girls have my back.
- Try to avoid candy with wrappers and gum. ( You will thank me later.)
What are some of your suggestions for a stress free Birthday Party at home?