Decorating a space makes me very happy. I love to decorate and I truly believe that your home should be your zen place. Whether its decorating a room, the home for the holidays, hosting a party or even decorating a cake. I enjoy pretty things and I enjoy creating pretty spaces.
Although I enjoy a beautiful space. I am not a millionaire… yet. so I enjoy being creative on a budget, I also love that my home feels like a very peaceful place. I feel settled and my apartment feels like a home.
So I just wanted to share various projects that I have done around our place that are wallet friendly!
Plants or flowers
Plants are such a great way to brighten up any area, I decorated flower pots for less than 5.00 and now I have lovely plants to bring color to our home.
So if I have any advice for decorating like a queen on a pauper budget they would be.
- Stick to solid or fairly neutral colors for furniture. That way when you are in the need for a change in your home, you can switch pillow or throws for very little cash.
- Don’t be afraid to thrift store or the dollar store. Some of my best finds have been at places you wouldn’t expect.
- Paint and spray paint are game changers! This shelf was once a boring old gray thing, now its GOLD!
- For those with limited storage space, furniture with storage will be your best friend!
Aviry picked this storage Ottoman from Bargains and buyouts $20 Bucks! I love it!
- Ask for the input of your family, I think one reason why people enjoy our space is that we decorate as a family. ( I still have the final say) Because if I let the boys decide everything we would have 6 tv’s in our living room. In all seriousness, they gravitate towards items I typically wouldn’t. Yet they always look great in our home and our house is a fusion of all of our ideas.
It was Carlos’s idea to mix and match the bar stools! Love it!
What are some of your decorating tips and tricks? I’m no interior designer but I love feeling at peace in my space and I love looking at pretty things. I can’t wait to look back one day at this post years from now and be so happy to see, that at this place in my life I am happy with our place and I have created a home out of a small space. : )